Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Winter Time!


    Right before my near death experience....
I Have been loving this winter semester!  This weekend a bunch of us went to Thomas Nielsens cabin and went sledding. But im not so sure I love sledding...I was shoved down the pitch black pathway not knowing what to expect going at least 60 miles an hour BACKWARDS!! Seriously I was in panic mode and praying that i wouldnt die, i for sure thought i was gonna at least break something all I could do was close my eyes and just take it all in. Finally I flew and hit a huge pile of hard snow, this was a relief because at last my joy ride was over...but right when i came to an abrupt stop my hands felt like they were on fire. I was screaming they hurt so bad,  I had realized that i was dragging them under the sled the whole time but so scared that i didnt even feel it! My knuckles were all bloody and i couldnt feel my hands for at least 45 min. they were so cold that i was getting light headed and nauseous. Okay, okay maybe I was a little bit dramatic and a party pooper after that but they hurt so dang bad! I was layin on the couch and looked like a dead fish. haha Roman even said, "Hayley pull yourself together!" Anyways the weather has been beautiful, wayyyy better than last year! I'm havin a great time :)



6 comments:

the waites said...

Well aren't you Chip chip chiper! I wish I was on the sled with you, for sure I would have peed my pants.

Glad your enjoying the FREEZINg weather. We find out Saturday if we will be joining you my little snow bunny. I love that you updated, do it more please. Ditch facebook and blog away! Miss you Janers, Call me back too!

Natalie Hall said...

Jane, look at you folocking through the white night. Adorable picture of the two of you. You know I would of been thinking the same nervous thoughts as you, as sliding down the mountain. How cool to have a fabulous cabin to escape to.

Sidney said...

Natalie is folocking kinda like "frolicking" ?My poor baby don't you let anyone talk you or push you into anything you don't want to do. sounds like lesson learned. People die every years from these kind of "fun" sledding trips. You are going 60 miles an hour so what ever you hit could be deadly. Just a few weeks ago I read about two kids that hit each other one died. Glad your winter is going so well. I miss your blogs so keep current

Candice said...

So glad you didn't die!

Corey and Bridgette said...

hayley jane i miss you!! we need to hang out!!

melody said...

Oh Hayley, I feel your pain....nothing is worse than freezing fingers....unless it's freezing toes...just ask Marjean, Dad took us Elk Hunting up on the ridge one winter with no gloves, boots, hats etc. We though we were going to freeze to death.....no fire either by the way.